The Art Walk Huntingdon committee is thrilled to announce a community partnership that will offer free shuttle service around Art Walk venues during the January and February events. Maidens Taxi Service of Huntingdon will be running a regular route with the company’s van picking up and dropping off riders at or near all 12 Art Walk Huntingdon participating businesses. This service is made possible through a community grant from Standing Stone Coffee Company.
“We wanted to offer this service, especially during the coldest months of the year to make sure that people wouldn’t be afraid of the weather, and would still come and experience the arts in Historic Huntingdon,” said Matt Price, member of the Art Walk Huntingdon committee of Huntingdon Landmarks, Inc.
A map detailing the route can be found at the following link: shuttle-map_pdf. The shuttle service is totally free and will start around 6:00 PM and continue making the loop until 8:00 PM on Thursday, January 19, 2017.
Art Walk Huntingdon will take place on the third Thursday of every month with the next one on January 19, 2017 during the hours of 5:00-8:00 PM.
The event is an open house format with no defined start or end point. Each particpating venue will host an art related special event, performance, or activity. Don’t worry if you can’t make it everywhere…there is always next month!
The January 19th Art Walk includes:
• Juniata College Museum of Art will showcase some rarely displayed artwork “From the Vault”
• Juniata College Ceramics Studio open studio
• Standing Stone Coffee Co. featuring Village Eatinghouse food and Good Intent Cider sampling and live local music jam
• Sweethearts Confectionery – Decorate your own Cupcake $
• Parks Design and Ink – Spin Art
• Stone Town Café, Wine Bar and Gallery head chef Bonnie Willis will lead cookie decorating
• American Legion Post 24 is the place to stop to make and take a pine cone bird feeder, and will have hot soup on hand for a donation
• Studio One Fifteen is hosting a a painting demonstration by Andrea Darby
• Huntingdon County Arts Council’s Art Space will be performance art of building bicycle wheels by Jake Weller of Rothrock Outfitters
• Huntingdon County Library is featuring a Victorian Tea
• Gage Mansion Bed & Breakfast will be offering make and take Victorian paper crafts.
• Mimi’s Restaurant & Martini Bar will host live Jazz with Chip Lovett
Art Walk Huntingdon events will be open to the public tanks to the sponsorship of participating businesses and the Huntingdon County Visitors Bureau. Businesses located in Huntingdon borough that are interested in participating in Art Walk Huntingdon can contact any member of the committee for information or visit http://www.HuntingdonLandmarks.org/ for details. Committee members include: Price, John Kearns from the Huntingdon County Arts Council, Kathryn Blake of the Juniata College Museum of Art, Ann Cherry from Standing Stone Coffee Co., Kristie Putt from the Sill Business Incubator, and Candice Hersh from Juniata College.