Art Walk Huntingdon will take place on the third Thursday of every month with the next one on February 16, 2017 during the hours of 5:00-8:00 PM.
During the February event, Maidens Taxi Service will be providing free shuttle service 5-8pm to all 12 Art Walk Huntingdon venues. Call 814-644-9999 for shuttle timing and pick-up information. Free shuttle service is made possible by a grant from Standing Stone Coffee Co.
The event is an open house format with no defined start or end point. Each particpating venue will host an art related special event, performance, or activity. Don’t worry if you can’t make it everywhere…there is always next month!
The February 16th Art Walk includes:
• Juniata College Museum of Art will showcase works from artists whose names you know
• Juniata College Ceramics Studio invites participants to make a tile or coaster with the Mud Junkies student ceramics club
• Standing Stone Coffee Co. featuring art and artists from Huntingdon Area School District students, make and decorate hot chocolate bar ($3.45), and a free coffee roasting demonstration
• Sweethearts Confectionery – Decorate your own Cupcake $
• Parks Design and Ink – Spin Art $
• Stone Town Café, Wine Bar and Gallery paint night with local artist/instructor Rebecca Reck of Bluebird Designs $
• American Legion Post 24 will have a craft project for kids and soup and sandwich dinner for a donation
• Studio One Fifteen is holding an open studio for creativity
• Huntingdon County Arts Council’s Art Space is hosting print making with artist Ryan Gibboney
• Huntingdon County Library is hosting a signing of “Trail of Terror” with Peggy Ann Bradnick Jackson and author Ken Peiffer.
• Gage Mansion Bed & Breakfast invites art walkers to stop in for a tea tasting
• Mimi’s Restaurant & Martini Bar will host live jazz with Randy Jackson on guitar and the saxophone stylings of Bobby Scholl
Art Walk Huntingdon events will be open to the public thanks to the sponsorship of participating businesses and the Huntingdon County Visitors Bureau. Businesses located in Huntingdon borough that are interested in participating in Art Walk Huntingdon can contact any member of the committee for information or visit http://www.HuntingdonLandmarks.org/ for details. Committee members include: Price, John Kearns from the Huntingdon County Arts Council, Kathryn Blake of the Juniata College Museum of Art, Ann Cherry from Standing Stone Coffee Co., Kristie Putt from the Sill Business Incubator, and Candice Hersh from Juniata College.