Create, enjoy, interact, listen and taste the arts during Art Walk Huntingdon.
Art Walk Huntingdon will take place on the third Thursday of every month with the next one on February 21, 2019 during the hours of 5:00-8:00 PM. This month’s Art Walk features interactive art experiences, exhibitions of a historical master artist as well as student art and a celebration of Black History Month.
The event is an open house format with no defined start or end point. Each particpating venue will host an art related special event, performance, or activity. Don’t worry if you can’t make it everywhere…there is always next month!
The February 21st Art Walk includes:
- Gage Mansion presents “The Art of Tea” with innkeepers Aiden and Alorra
- Mimi’s Restaurant & Martini Bar
- Huntingdon County Arts Council invites you to join artist Meghan Yale to Create Your Own Moving Line Art.
- Huntingdon County Library elementary-aged art club at the library 6-7 PM.. The library plans to hold the meetings the evening of Art Walk, so that kids can drop in. Help get the club started with some crafting nights and then possible offer some more specific classes, etc.
- A.C. Darby Studio
- American Legion Post 24 invites guests to make colorful Suncatchers with tissue paper & laminating sheets. Hot dogs and homemade potato soup will be available for donation.
- Payne Church Fellowship Hall (719 Moore Street): The Huntingdon County Juneteenth Celebration Committee will showcase the African American history of Huntingdon in recognition of African American History Month. There will be a display of African American quilts, African clothing and art work, books, pictures and other items, including a display of a painting by John Chaplin, a native of Huntingdon from the 19th century. John is an ancestor of the Harris family which holds its annual family reunion in Huntingdon over the Labor Day weekend (This will be the 80th year for the reunion).
- Standing Stone Coffee Co. – Meet the student artists from Huntingdon Area School District
- MudJunkies Ceramic Club invites participants participate in a community tree mosaic located on the exterior of the Juniata College Ceramics Studio in the Sill Business Incubator. This is a free event that includes glazing pre-bisqued leaves.
- Juniata College Museum of Art – Printmaking activity and Rembrandt exhibit
Don’t forget to search for the official Art Walk Huntingdon mascot, Artie Walker. If you find him at one of the participating businesses, take a selfie with him and post it publicly on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtags #IFoundArtie and #ArtWalkHdon for a chance to win a prize from Artie’s Prize Basket.
Art Walk Huntingdon events will be open to the public thanks to the sponsorship of participating businesses and the Huntingdon County Visitors Bureau. Businesses located in Huntingdon borough that are interested in participating in Art Walk Huntingdon can contact any member of the committee for information or visit http://www.HuntingdonLandmarks.org/ for details.