Create, enjoy, interact, listen and taste the arts during Art Walk Huntingdon.
Art Walk Huntingdon will take place on the third Thursday of every month with the next one on June 21, 2018 during the hours of 5:00-8:00 PM. This month’s Art Walk features three new venues in uptown Huntingdon including the L.A. Beeghly Library at Juniata College, J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital and the Huntingdon Event Center at Midtown Gateway Commons.
The event is an open house format with no defined start or end point. Each particpating venue will host an art related special event, performance, or activity. Don’t worry if you can’t make it everywhere…there is always next month!
The June 21st Art Walk includes:
- Juniata College L.A. Beeghly Library: Beeghly Library is excited to join the Art Walk Huntingdon and for our first event, see if you can solve the mystery. We will also have selected mysteries from our circulating collection on display. L.A. Beeghly Library – Juniata College ‘s main entrance faces the campus quadrangle. Parking is available on Moore St and the parking lot at the corner of Moore St and 19th St.
- Children’s Mystery: Mr. Clifford H. Books has lost his glasses and cannot work without them. Can you help him retrace his steps to find them?
- Adult Mystery: Professor Francis Harley Brembagger willed his estate to Juniata College, but its location was a closely guarded secret. Help Zoe Trope, art professor and Margot Colophon, librarian, work through the will and other documents to find the location.
- (The stories, names, characters, and incidents portrayed in these mysteries are fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred).
- Juniata College Museum of Art: Student Exhibition & Dark Horse Exhibition
- Standing Stone Coffee Co.: Music in the Courtyard by Borrowed Time and tastings by Maya Mountain Coffee & Spice Company
- Juniata College Ceramics Studio at Sill Business Incubator: Outdoor Artists Market
- J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital: Mount Union Art Guild members will be set up to paint with adults and children in the lobby of JC Blair Hospital. We are using craft outdoor acrylic paint so no need to clear coat or varnish afterwards. Owls painted by Vonnie Orlowski, and Pig painted by Gail Pollock Mandala and Kitty by Lu Kaiser
- Huntingdon Event Center at Midtown Gateway Commons: Free 50’s themed crafts for kids, enjoy a tour of the Event Center, and purchase tickets for At the Hop!
- Huntingdon County Arts Council: Open
- A.C. Darby Studio, located at 417 Penn Street in Huntingdon, and join the famous Becca Bluebird of Bluebird Designs for a creation session! She will be manning the studio while Andrea is away. She will have an assortment of canvases, wine glasses, wooden boxes & wooden shapes! Use your imagination and let her guide you!
- Gage Mansion is hosting a fundraising party for the Huntingdon Arts Council, a Summer Solstice Party! Join us Thursday, June 21st starting at 5pm for music, bar-b-que, select artists selling their artwork, and support a great cause! Tickets are $15 per person. Children 10 and under are free. Purchase tickets through the Arts Council, Gage Mansion, and Thompson’s Candle Gift Shop, or at the door email@example.com or Gage Mansion (814) 599-2803. All funds raised benefit Huntingdon County Arts Council.
Don’t forget to search for the official Art Walk Huntingdon mascot, Artie Walker. If you find him at one of the participating businesses, take a selfie with him and post it publicly on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtags #IFoundArtie and #ArtWalkHdon for a chance to win a prize from Artie’s Prize Basket.
Art Walk Huntingdon events will be open to the public thanks to the sponsorship of participating businesses and the Huntingdon County Visitors Bureau. Businesses located in Huntingdon borough that are interested in participating in Art Walk Huntingdon can contact any member of the committee for information or visit http://www.HuntingdonLandmarks.org/ for details.