New mascot for Art Walk Huntingdon to be unveiled, area artists celebrating spring, National Poetry Month, and more to be featured during monthly celebration of Huntingdon’s arts scene.
Art Walk Huntingdon will take place on the third Thursday of every month with the next one on April 20, 2017 during the hours of 5:00-8:00 PM.
The event is an open house format with no defined start or end point. Each particpating venue will host an art related special event, performance, or activity. Don’t worry if you can’t make it everywhere…there is always next month!
The April 20th Art Walk includes:
• Juniata College Museum of Art will have an interactive comic strip creation activity.
• Juniata College Mud Junkies Ceramics Club will hold a wood kiln firing demonstration in the field at the top of Mifflin Street beyond 18th Street.
• Standing Stone Coffee Co. will feature the photography of Charles Bartholomew and the Huntingdon Interact Club will be on hand with crafts for kids.
• Sweethearts Confectionery is hosting a “Meet Artie Walker” Art Walk Huntingdon mascot unveiling party.
• Parks Design and Ink will be doing Spin Art make and take t-shirts $.
• Stone Town Café, Wine Bar and Gallery invites guests to paint mini flower pots and plant little flowers.
• American Legion Post 24 will help participants plant peas and create pinecone bird feeders, and will serve up Potato Corn soup for a donation.
• Studio One Fifteen invites participation in an Earth Day project by artist Kelly Kozora.
• Huntingdon County Arts Council’s Art Space is having poetry readings in honor of National Poetry Month. 5-7pm for kids, and 7-8pm for adults. Art on display is from the Council’s “Spring Thaw” showcase of student art from schools in Huntingdon County.
• Huntingdon County Library will have a preview of it’s artist decorated chair auction items.
• Gage Mansion Bed & Breakfast is celebrating the written word and the Queen Anne architecture of the mansion with Poetry in the Turret.
• Mimi’s Restaurant & Martini Bar is holding a tasting of Big Spring Spirits.
Art Walk Huntingdon events will be open to the public thanks to the sponsorship of participating businesses and the Huntingdon County Visitors Bureau. Businesses located in Huntingdon borough that are interested in participating in Art Walk Huntingdon can contact any member of the committee for information or visit http://www.HuntingdonLandmarks.org/ for details. Committee members include: Price, John Kearns from the Huntingdon County Arts Council, Kathryn Blake of the Juniata College Museum of Art, Ann Cherry from Standing Stone Coffee Co., Kristie Putt from the Sill Business Incubator, and Candice Hersh from Juniata College.