Art Walk Huntingdon will take place on the third Thursday of every month with the next one on March 16, 2017 during the hours of 5:00-8:00 PM.
The event is an open house format with no defined start or end point. Each particpating venue will host an art related special event, performance, or activity. Don’t worry if you can’t make it everywhere…there is always next month!
Free shuttle service is available to within a half block of all Art Walk Huntingdon venues by calling 814-644-9999 for Maidens Taxi Service. The free service is provided, in part by a grant from Standing Stone Coffee Company.
The February 16th Art Walk includes:
• Juniata College Museum of Art will host an opening reception for its Senior Capstone exhibit of student art
• Juniata College Ceramics – tile painting and studio demonstrations
• Standing Stone Coffee Co. will feature “A Celebration of Sound” featuring the music and work of guitar crafter Curtis Rockwell as well as the landscape photography of Nancy Muckenfuss
• Sweethearts Confectionery – Decorate your own Cupcake $
• Parks Design and Ink – Spin Art
• Stone Town Café, Wine Bar and Gallery shamrock cookie decorating with chef Bonnie Willis
• American Legion Post 24 will have egg dying and cookie decorating activities and will be serving cheddar broccoli soup for a donation
• Studio One Fifteen is offering water color collage make and takes
• Huntingdon County Arts Council’s Art Space will feature a display of the mosaic art of Elizabeth Klevens on the walls, and a demonstration of mosaic art by local artist Deb Tumlin
• Huntingdon County Library – Poetry and Literature Open Mic
• Gage Mansion Bed & Breakfast – make and take origami shamrocks and egg carton snakes while enjoying Irish Soda Bread, Irish Breakfast Tea and Scones
• Mimi’s Restaurant & Martini Bar is hosting an Irish whiskey tasting
Art Walk Huntingdon events will be open to the public thanks to the sponsorship of participating businesses and the Huntingdon County Visitors Bureau. Businesses located in Huntingdon borough that are interested in participating in Art Walk Huntingdon can contact any member of the committee for information or visit http://www.HuntingdonLandmarks.org for details. Committee members include: Price, John Kearns from the Huntingdon County Arts Council, Kathryn Blake of the Juniata College Museum of Art, Ann Cherry from Standing Stone Coffee Co., Kristie Putt from the Sill Business Incubator, and Candice Hersh from Juniata College.