The inaugural event was a resounding success with hundreds of people gaining a new appreciation for the arts in Huntingdon! So, let’s do it again!
Art Walk Huntingdon will take place on the third Thursday of every month with the next one on October 20, 2016 during the hours of 5:00-8:00 PM.
The event is an open house format with no defined start or end point. “We encourage people to gather a group of friends and start at a spot that piques their interests, then bounce around town to experience as many places and events as they can,” said Price, adding, “Don’t worry if you can’t make it everywhere…there is always next month!”
The October 20th Art Walk includes:
• Juniata College Museum of Art – Print rubbings make and take
• Juniata College Ceramics Studio – Open studio
• Johnny’s Bar – Shirt tie-dying BYO or buy a shirt on-site
• Standing Stone Coffee Co. – Meet featured artist Kristie Putt 5-6pm, Vocalist Ralph Wilson 5-8pm
• Huntingdon Christian Missionary Alliance Church parking lot – Vogues-Wagon Photo Booth
• Sweethearts Confectionery – Decorate your own Cupcake $2.50
• Huntingdon Dance Academy – Observe Pointe and Ballet classes
• Wildflower Café & Goodnight Moon – Artist Open House
• Stone Town Café, Wine Bar and Gallery – Wire wrapping jewelry demonstration by artist Chris Garner
• American Legion Post 24 – Kids art activities and local art sale
• Studio One Fifteen – Pumpkin Painting $2.00
• Huntingdon County Arts Council’s Art Space – Create a Gyotaku Fish Print
• Huntingdon County Library – ARTchitecture house tours of the McMurtrie Mansion
• Gage Mansion Bed & Breakfast Carriage House (Washington Street entrance) – Angie Thompson Artist Exhibition
• Mimi’s Restaurant & Martini Bar – Live Jazz 6-9pm by Chip Lovett
Art Walk Huntingdon events will be open to the public thanks to the sponsorship of participating businesses and the Huntingdon County Visitors Bureau. Businesses located in Huntingdon borough that are interested in participating in Art Walk Huntingdon can contact any member of the committee for information or visit http://www.HuntingdonLandmarks.org/ for details. Committee members include: Price, John Kearns from the Huntingdon County Arts Council, Kathryn Blake of the Juniata College Museum of Art, Ann Cherry from Standing Stone Coffee Co., Kristie Putt from the Sill Business Incubator, and Candice Hersh from Juniata College.