HUNTINGDON, PA, SEPTEMBER 12, 2016 – Art Walk Huntingdon will take place on the third Thursday of every month with an inaugural event on September 15, 2016 during the hours of 5:00-8:00 PM.
Fourteen businesses have signed on to host arts related events on third Thursdays. Landmarks chairman Matt Price explains, “We are thrilled with the participation from Huntingdon’s business community and artists! This Thursday will be a great kick-off event and will set a high bar for the monthly series.”
The event is an open house format with no defined start or end point. “We encourage people to gather a group of friends and start at a spot that piques their interests, then bounce around town to experience as many places and events as they can,” said Price, adding, “Don’t worry if you can’t make it everywhere…there is always next month!”
The September 15th Art Walk includes:
• A collage make and take event at the Juniata College Museum of Art
• Demonstrations at the Juniata College Ceramics Studio
• Open mic at Johnny’s Bar
• Meet artist John Sullivan and live music by Mark Bluming at Standing Stone Coffee Co.
• Artist Olivia Mays creating chalk art in the parking lot of Dollar General (9th and Moore Street location)
• Decorate your own cupcake at Sweethearts Confectionery
• Special events at Huntingdon Dance Academy and Wildflower Café & Goodnight Moon
• Demonstrations by artist Beth Boyd at Stone Town Café, Wine Bar and Gallery
• Meet the artists reception at Studio One Fifteen
• Demonstrations by instructors from PA Fiber Arts Fest at the Huntingdon County Arts Council’s Art Space
• Talks by author Kathleen Davis at the Huntingdon County Library
• Artist Kristie Putt exhibit at Gage Mansion Bed & Breakfast Carriage House (Washington Street entrance)
• Live jazz music by Stephen Johnopolos and Randy Jackson at Mimi’s Restaurant & Martini Bar
“This is a great fit for Huntingdon Landmarks through the 4 and More Cultural District partnership,” adds Price. “This is exactly the type of event that will help Landmarks’ mission of promoting the economic viability of historic landmarks in Huntingdon.”
Art Walk Huntingdon events will be free to the public thanks to the sponsorship of participating businesses and the Huntingdon County Visitors Bureau. Businesses located in Huntingdon borough that are interested in participating in Art Walk Huntingdon can contact any member of the committee for information or visit http://www.HuntingdonLandmarks.org for details. Committee members include: Price, John Kearns from the Huntingdon County Arts Council, Kathryn Blake of the Juniata College Museum of Art, Ann Cherry from Standing Stone Coffee Co., Kristie Putt from the Sill Business Incubator, and Candice Hersh from Juniata College.